As I don’t plan to do detailed posts on the weekends, here’s some links to posts I’ve recently enjoyed to tide you over:
- Feministing: Woman sues for being banned from saying “rape” during rape trial.
- Lyn recommends a page from Alas, a blog: Men can get away with being fatter than women.
- A Portly Dyke over at Shakesville talks about various ways people weasel out of difficult political issues – such as by claiming it’s “too soon” to address them, or that they’re being “too sensitive”.
- Also via Shakesville: What if Martin Luther King Jr. had lived? (I am a total King fanboy, by the way)
- The Hand Mirror talks about Louise Nicholas.
- edit: Freakonomics has a wonderful link to an expert on sexual abuse with a hilariously (in)appropriate name. She must have heard way too many handjob jokes.
That should tide you over without revealing my plans for monday. 🙂